Nashville Attorney Assisting with Family Immigration Issues
An Immigration Law Firm that Puts Your Family First
Ask anyone you meet in Nashville what the most important part of life is, and we guarantee you’ll get the same answer every time – family. Family is what keeps us whole, keeps us grounded and keeps us happy. We understand that for many immigrants, bringing their families to America to be with them is the driving force behind everything they do, and we’re willing to bet it’s what drives you, too.
At the Law Office of Perry A. Craft PLLC, we want to help you make that dream come true. For more than 35 years, Attorney Craft has helped protect families in and around Nashville. His commitment to upholding the law and his practical advice take the stress and worry out of the immigration process, so you can focus on your loved ones. Let us help you reunite your family once again.
Keeping families together in Nashville
We know that every family is different; your immigration needs are just as unique as you are. We can prepare the right strategy for bringing your spouse, your siblings, your parents and your children home to you in Nashville, and for protecting their rights once you’re together. At our firm, we help people with:
- Obtaining K-1 visas. Also known as the “fiancé visa,” the K-1 allows a US citizen to bring a foreign national into the country to get married. A K-1 visa allows for this and is good for 90 days; afterwards, your new spouse may apply for permanent residence, but must apply promptly.
- Green cards. If you’re a US citizen or a green card holder yourself, we can help your children, parents, spouse or siblings apply for a green card themselves.
- DREAM Act deferred actions. We want your children to stay in the country they know as home. We can help your eligible children obtain work authorization, and begin the process towards naturalization.
- Hardship waivers. In cases where your spouse is facing removal or deportation, we can apply for a hardship waiver. These are exceptionally complex documents, and require a level of dedication to details that only a lawyer like Perry Craft should handle.
When you’re ready to begin the naturalization process, we’re ready to help. Attorney Craft works with you to explain what the steps are, what kinds of documents you need, and how long your path to citizenship should take.
How immigration laws affect divorce and child custody cases
Going through a divorce can be difficult enough, but the laws are more complicated when you immigration status can be affected. When you marry a US citizen, your status as a permanent resident is conditional for two years; in other words, the US government wants to make sure that you married for more than just your green card. If your marriage didn’t work out, however, you can apply to have that conditional status removed. The US Department of Homeland Security says you’re eligible for removal of those conditions if you:
- Are a widow or widower who entered into your marriage in good faith;
- Entered into a marriage in good faith, but the marriage ended through divorce or annulment; or
- Entered into a marriage in good faith, but either you or your child were battered or subjected to extreme hardship by your U.S.-citizen or permanent-resident spouse.
At the Law Office of Perry A. Craft, PLLC, we can assist you through the process of removing those conditions. Attorney Craft’s diverse background in different areas of law allows him to view your case from a unique point of view. His experiences as a family law attorney give him an advantage when you’re going through a divorce. If you or your child was hurt by your spouse, he can handle the complexities of a child custody case. If you were falsely accused of harming your child or spouse, his background allows him to mount a defense and protect your right to see your children.
Contact a Nashville immigration attorney who knows the importance of family
Whether you’re starting a family or reuniting one, the Law Office of Perry A. Craft PLLC looks out for you. Call 615-953-3808 or fill out our convenient contact form to schedule an appointment with Attorney Craft. Perry A. Craft can advise and help you.