Experienced Nashville Education Law Attorney Protects Your Rights
Guidance and support for students, teachers and parents
A good, strong education is the backbone of success. Every day, teachers, parents and administrators work hard to help young people learn the skills they will need to live life as contributing adult members of society. Over the past decades, the Tennessee school system has made great strides to incorporate new and innovative ways of teaching fundamental concepts to all children, and to show those same children how to gain access to the knowledge they need. Most of the time, the system works just fine – but what happens when it does not?
At the Law Office of Perry A. Craft, PLLC, we help educators, parents and students take back control over their lives when the system has failed them. For nearly four decades, Attorney Craft has protected the rights and freedoms of his clients in and around Nashville, ensuring that their voices were heard loud and clear. When you need an education lawyer who knows the law and can fight on your behalf, you need Perry A. Craft.
Services we offer
The practice of education law is a complex one. Different school systems have different rules, and no two children, teachers or parents are alike. At our law firm, we strive to promote the goals of our clients during negotiations and in trial. The firm takes on cases involving:
- Special education law. Some children need additional resources to learn – resources they are entitled to have. After all, you wouldn’t ask a student to remove his or her glasses and then read instructions form a blackboard, right? Our special education law services primarily focus on IEPs and the IDEA and the Rehabilitation Act, though we have the skills and resources for more challenging and individualized
- Zero-tolerance policies. From in-person and online bullying to bringing contraband to school – and for everything in between – Tennessee schools have adopted zero-tolerance policies that are supposed to keep our children and teacher safe. Sometimes those policies do more harm than good; sometimes they do not go far enough. We help clients whose lives have been adversely affected by zero-tolerance policies.
- Students’ Constitutional rights. Constitutional law can be tricky, and is especially so when it comes to students. At the Law Office of Perry A. Craft, we handle complex cases involving challenges to students’ Constitutional rights that can arise based on policies put in place by administrators or Board of Education members.
- Appealing school decisions. If your child has been reprimanded formally, such as being expelled by the Board or being assigned an undeserved punishment, we can help you protect your child’s future. We represent students and parents appealing schools’ disciplinary decisions at every level.
- Protecting Tennessee teachers’ rights. If your tenure is at risk, or if you have been accused of a crime, you need to act quickly and d A teacher may face both criminal sanctions and a board hearing on the license for the same act; if so, you need a lawyer who understands both education law and criminal law at the local, state and federal levels. We help educators protect their careers and their professional licenses, representing them in front of the Board and in front of a judge.
From the moment you choose the Law Office of Perry A. Craft in Nashville to represent you or your child, we begin creating options for you. We do not back down from a challenge, and we want to hear your story.
Advocating for students, teachers and parents throughout Tennessee
The Nashville-based Law office of Perry A. Craft, PLLC offers comprehensive legal services to clients throughout Tennessee. If you are in need of an education law attorney, or have more questions about what we do, please call 615-953-3808 or fill out our contact form to reserve a consultation time. We fight hard for your future.